In a recent episode, Sex Nerd Sandra declared 2015 the year of the ass; I couldn’t agree more. Personally, at least. As it’s been noted in popular culture and mass media, both the ass itself as a desired body part (in terms of shape and size) and anal sex have become wildly popular in the past five or so years.
The first time someone slipped a finger into my ass during sex (there’s a transition), I was straddling a dude from one of my college classes in his kitchen after we’d just played strip Trivial Pursuit (highly recommended). His roommate and the friend I’d brought were off in a bedroom doing… whatever they were doing, and we were fucking on the kitchen floor, my legs wrapped around his waist. I was already super aroused, so it wasn’t painful – just a new sensation that heightened my desire… and after a few moments, I really got into it. I thought, “Why haven’t other guys done this? Why haven’t I done this to other people?” It opened a whole new pathway to pleasure for me.
Fast forward a year, and I was having anal sex. Sadly, it wouldn’t be until graduate school when I got into prostate play and pegging, but I got there eventually! I found out that I love the way a dildo looks strapped onto the front of my body – how the curve of it complements my other curves, how its sheen draws the eye toward it, how the cool silicone feels cupped in my hand. I love the act of penetrating (with anything, really); it gives me great pleasure to see the look on a partner’s face when I hit exactly the right spot, that desperate “please god – oh god – take me there” look. I love the way a rectum will basically pull your finger (or a plug, or a dildo) in once you’re past the sphincter, as if to say, “Welcome!” and I love the way a prostate feels against my fingertip, the rounded ridge succumbing to gentle pressure. I love hearing a partner tell me to press harder or in a different spot or with a certain motion. Fuck. Yes.
For various reasons, I didn’t get any anal play at ALL (a travesty, I know) for years – I had short-term partners who weren’t into it and I didn’t have long-term partners whom I really trusted. And then, this year, I started dating someone who’s really into all things butt, and it was like the glorious heavens opened up and showered bright rays of buttshine down onto me.
This year, I:
- Enjoyed analingus, both giving and receiving, completely sober for the first time in my life, and it’s FUCKING AWESOME.
- Bought two butt plugs, one of which vibrates. Why two, you ask? I bought the first one online after being inspired by a GOTN post; the store said it was “small,” but it was decidedly not small. I kept it and bought another one, because you can’t have too many.
- Used both plugs while masturbating, in me during sex, and in my partner during sex, and just uuuunnnnggghhh.
- Helped my partner achieve some incredibly intense orgasms with prostate play.
- Had anal sex for the first time in almost a decade!!!
- Had anal sex in cowgirl position for the first time ever (it’s a lot easier, guys, especially if you’re fucking someone with a larger than average dick or dildo). Thanks, lube. You’re my friend.
My sweetheart has never been pegged but is super interested in it, so I’m wishing on all the shooting stars I see that that happens before he takes off later this month. Keep your dildos crossed for me! 2015 was the year that re-introduced me to all things anal, and all the nerve endings in my nether regions are grateful.
*Not that I have much of a bass. Bone to pick with this song: treble clefs are still bottom heavy. Can I get a musical symbol of a body type with a big rack and a firm but relatively small behind? Cause that’s where I’m at. Maybe imagine the bass clef upside down, and that’s what my boobs are like.